Healthy Cooking and Eating at Green Fingers
Here at Green Fingers we like to eat healthy and stay active! In November we made an extra special effort to cook healthy foods and to talk about nutrition, swapping sugary foods for less so and generally keeping our bodies and minds healthy. We had a work experience student studying Nutrition on some days and he shared some of his knowledge also.
Here are some of the things we cooked from scratch;
- Paprika flavoured potato wedges and we tested these against sweet potato wedges
- Celery and potato soup – we grew the celery ourselves!
- Tomato soup
- Carrot and coriander soup
- Stuffed peppers with couscous
- Carrot and chick pea soup
- Breads – buns and baguettes
- Pork and mince burgers
This was such a success we will try it again very soon! We are hoping to look at more healthy desserts this time. And talk more about how we can incorporate sugary swaps on a daily basis.